Pricing

• Free

Version: 2.0 Alpha 2

Released: Nov 25, 1995

Registered User Ratings

27 Ratings

Unregistered User Ratings

90 Ratings

This resource was posted on Oct 13, 2010 and was not modified since.

Is our information correct? Let us know if we should change something.

If this is your resource, you can allow users to rate it from your website.

Matt's Script Archive: WWWBoard

WWWBoard is a WWW Bulletin Board Message System, which allows for threaded message boards on the WWW. It also comes with a WWWAdmin program, which helps you maintain the WWWBoard.

Showing 11-20 of 27
Add a comment

This is a fast and simple script, anyone can install it in just a few minutes. I managed to get it to work the first time I tried it. It's also easy to maintain and customize. But unfortunately, the layout isn't the best and it is a hassle for people to have to go to several pages just to see the replies...

Posted by hofverberg on Jun 01, 2000 Reply

Easy to setup, but you need to get an add-on to customize the look over the standard HTML list format for threads.

Posted by Scanman20 on May 30, 2000 Reply

Easy, simple, nice. Does all I need and lets me customize the pages just like I want them. Only, it seems that once in a while, the main page where all the messages are linked gets saved as zero bytes...

Posted by Pompadour on Apr 04, 2000 Reply

Easy to setup and run. I found problems with messages being cut or not appearing. Works better with all the add-on scripts found on other sites.

Posted by dilligaf on Mar 26, 2000 Reply

Definitely showing it's age. It's now showing dates as 19100, can you say Y2K bug?

Posted by skiltech on Jan 02, 2000 Reply

Posted by Steiny on Nov 28, 1999 Reply

May be old, but still rockin'. Has everything a user needs to set up basic forum software. I recommend it!

Posted by Craig on Oct 08, 1999 Reply

Easy to use and install, still my favorite.

Posted by Catari on Aug 08, 1999 Reply

Unlike other message boards, this one doesn't hog server usage with graphics, tables or java. It is simple and doesn't get a server error when i run it.

Posted by ALEXGUO on Jul 27, 1999 Reply

This is the script that made me want to learn Perl. It runs quickly, is easy to set up and doesn't hog CPU resources. However, it is difficult to customize and barfs under heavy posting volume.

Posted by PTWeb on Jul 12, 1999 Reply

Showing 11-20 of 27